Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Laguna Seca- United states

Ambient temp: 29.8degrees
Asphalt tem: 53.0 degrees

It’s a bright sunny day, am riding the Kawasaki Zx7-RR to the limits. The Ducati is just a fraction of a second behind me. Its the last corner, and I can taste that victory. Going good at 220kph I can see the sharp corner but still continue to accelerate. The adrenalin rushing through my veins. The corner is almost upon me, I slam the brakes hard. Down to 98Kph and I lean into the corner my knee scraping the asphalt. Can see the Ducati almost upon me in the RVM.

I accelerate as hard as I can. The throttle at the full. The tyres fail to grip the asphalt.the rear wheel spins, struggling for grip the bike skids and veers to the right. I let go of the throttle. But too late. I lose control and crash. The bike sliding to a halt some 20 feet away. Its the end of the race. The ducati crosses the finish line and so do all the other riders. F*** I curse the Kawasaki traction and hit the restart button again. Time to take the corner again.:)


No comments: