Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life In delhi

Hey all,

It’s now been almost a month in the capital city and I thought I would share the experience. First things first. The infrastructure is amazing, Butter smooth tarmac in the city and outside as well. My companion for trips outside Delhi is a friend's TVS Star City :D. Been to quite a few places with it, Dharuhera in haryana, Ghaziabad in UP and a few others. Well for starters, i am giving this bike the punishment it has never had in its life. Riding it to its max when its 42 degress.:) well the max is abt 90kph(cant do much abt it). This is in reference to the trip to Dharuhera which is abt 90 kms frm here. The road is a nice 4 laned open highway upto Manesar which then turns to the conventional 2 way 2 laned NH. Enjoyed being on the road after a long time(thanks to the cloudy atmosphere in the morning which made it pleasant) and then realised the limitations of the bike. But the economy it offers coupled with the cheaper petrol in delhi. makes it as expensive as taking a bus.:)
So I have downgraded to a TVS Starcity for runs outside the city, and upgraded to a bus inside. Loving both, but missing my Pearl.
More to follow soon.

Regds,
Amit Ved

2 comments:

Pulsurge said...

Not a bad start Vedsaab! Even I was impressed on my last trip. Maybe I passed through some sober stretches, but I didnt find even on vehicle going zigzap making mess of lane discipline.

Chalo enjoy Delhi and resolve to site-see as much as you can before you are back here.

phillH48 said...

I love the place and would love to get back again. I love traveling and always keep my backpack handy, ready for any excuse to visite new places. lol I just need to save up for the plane fair.