Thursday, December 6, 2007

BAL - A New Round Of Disappointments

Bajaj has come a long way in the last decade after almost losing out to the competition during the 90’s; to being one of the top two wheeler companies in the Indian market today. But their customer service by no means complements their market standing

I experienced the same when I had to change the rear shock absorbers of my Pulsar 180 Dtsi which has run 23000 kms. Every time I went over a bump there was a loud thud. My techie[Reddy- Bike care centre, very famous with Mumbai guys] suggested a change of shock abs as they run out of life after about 25000 kms. I planned to install the Pulsar 200 shocks as they are a little harder and work well with broader tyres. This was when it got tough.

I called the Bajaj Pro Biking showroom[Sai service- borivli] on Monday { 3rd dec}and as soon as I said I own a pulsar I was transferred, they were not even ready tohear what I had to say but just kept transferring me from one department to another. After being transfererd 3-4 times they said the pulsar 200 shock absorbers were in stock and would cost me 1650 rupees. I called them again on Tuesday at 9:30 Am to confirm, was given a positive reply once again. I told the concerned person that I would be there to collect it by 11.

However on reaching there I found out there was no receptionist, no supervisors, and no one to guide the customer. It almost seemed like people don’t care. Finally after asking some one they told me to speak to the spares supervisor, who said that the shock absorbers were out of stock. This was such a waste of time as I had to bunk my lectures specially to collect the shcok absorbers and even after several confirmations they could do nothing but repeat that it was error. They supervisor was almost rude and did not even apologize. After being threatened with escalation to the head office the person returned with pulsar 180 shock absorbers. So thanks to Bajaj and their poor customer service I had no option but to buy the shock absorbers, as I had to ride to pune that evening for a meeting. And even more disappointing is that the brand new shock absorbers also give a small thud on even the smallest bump.

I was really impressed by the way Bajaj responded to the 220 complaints but i have lost all trust in Bajaj now. No wonder guys like Arpan go all the way to Pendharkars in Pune, just to service their bike. Hope the people at Bajaj can really do something about the customer service before going a step further and launching another performance bike. The way an organization treats its customers tells a lot about the company. Planning to write a letter to the Bajaj guys about this episode

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice one bro ... keep it up.. pragz